IIT Madras offers a free online course on Artificial Intelligence in Constraint Satisfaction Problems that can be completed in 8 weeks
IIT Madras has announced an 8-week free online course on Artificial Intelligence for interested students and professionals to attend. The course, which is available on the SWAYAM NPTEL platform, will be held from January 23 to March 17, 2023. Those who want to get certified will have to pay Rs 1000 and take the exam, which will be conducted on March 26, 2023.
The course will be conducted by Deepak Khemani, who is a professor in the Department of Computer Science and Engineering, IIT Madras. The professor wants to build articulated problem-solving systems using artificial intelligence that can interact with human beings. According to the NPTEL website, his research interests are memory-based reasoning, knowledge representation and inference, planning and constraint satisfaction, qualitative reasoning, and natural language processing.
What will IIT Madras Free Online Course on Artificial Intelligence Cover?
The course essentially aims to educate participants on general approaches to solving finite domain constraint satisfaction problems and explore how search can be combined with constraint propagation to find solutions. The list of topics that will be covered in the course is as follows:
- Constraint satisfaction problems and their examples.
- Constraint meshes, equivalent and projection meshes.
- Constraint propagation, arc consistency, path consistency and i-consistency.
- Directed consistency and graph editing, traceless search and adaptive consistency.
- Search methods for solving CSPs, look-ahead methods, sorting dynamic variables and values.
- Look-back methods, Gaschnig back-hopping, graph-based back-hopping and conflict-oriented back-hopping.
- Model-based systems, model-based diagnosis, systems for maintaining truth and planning as CSP.
Who Can Take IIT Madras Free Online Course on Artificial Intelligence?
The course is open to undergraduate and postgraduate students graduating in the following fields:
- Computer Science Engineering.
- Artificial intelligence.
Interested professionals can also register for the course. Additionally, IIT Madras offers two other free online courses on Artificial Intelligence called “Artificial Intelligence: Search Methods for Problem Solving” and “Artificial Intelligence: Knowledge Representation and Inference” on the same platform. Those who wish to attend the course are advised to visit the official website for more information.